The cannabis industry quantifies flowers using both the metric and imperial systems.
The Price of Cannabis Grams-
- A single gram of cannabis is sold for around $15.
- 1/8 of a flower ounce; 4 sized joints varies around $20-65.
- 1/4 ounce is the most popular! This is also equal to 7 grams and 7 sized joints. This can also $60-85.
- 1/2 ounce or 14 grams. This can cost between $100-160. Dispensaries offer deals. Can also be referred to as “a half-O” and “a half”. This amount can produce 25 joints and 14 blunts.
- An ounce = 28 grams. This is the maximum amount that can be purchased. Usually selling for $160 – 350.
- 1/2 pound is usually only for B2B sales. This is equaled to 226.8 grams or 8 ounces. Also named as “half pack” and a “half pounder”. Looks to be half a bowling ball.
- 1 pound = 453.6 g = 1,000 bowls or 500 joints = Bowling Ball. A sun-grown (outdoor) cannabis costs around $100 per pound. And in the greenhouse, the costs can increase from$250 to $475.
Purchase Limits to Grams
These purchasing limits are usually by state. In California, medical marijuana can purchase for up to 8 ounces per day. However, in Colorado, a customer is limited to 2 ounces. And in New York persons seeking medical marijuana can purchase any amount that is approved and authorized by a medical professional.
“Cannabis remains federally illegal, and crossing state lines with cannabis can result in federal prosecution on drug trafficking charges. ” However, some states allow for delivery of cannabis. As such, the store is required to use a licensed transporter certified by the government. Requirements for cameras, ID scanners, and the amount of product carried in a vehicle at any given time are strictly followed. For California, detailed ledgers of sale and GPS monitoring are required with no license.
In comparison, New York uses licensed delivery services for only one business with a limit of 25 persons doing delivery for each business.
Next Steps in CBD Businesses
If you are a cannabis business that creates liquid products, GreenLab Packaging can help you with your liquid-filling packaging needs.
GreenLab Packaging is a proud supporter of the Cannabis industry. Whether you need a handheld filling machine, a complete fill-cap-label system, or an automated vape cartridge filling solution, we are proud to help our industry partners with their liquid packaging needs. For more information, please call 866.258.1914 or email email@example.com. A local representative will contact you to provide additional information and answer any questions that you may have.